Honey Glazed Dunkin Doughnuts
Nothing like have a honey glazed doughnut from Dunkin Doughnuts! Now you can have them anytime you'd like with the recipe you can make them anytime that you want!
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon honey
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 80mins
Mix yeast in 1 cup of the flour, add sugar.
Combine water, milk, melted butter, and egg in the mixer. Add the flour mixture and blend well about 3 minutes. Add vanilla, salt and remaining flour. The dough should be quite soft, but not sticky.
Cover the dough and let rise until double in a warm oven: Preheat the oven to 200°F, place a loaf pan filled halfway with boiling water in the oven. Shut oven off. Dough has risen enough when an indentation remains when you poke it.
On a heavily floured surface, roll dough out 1/2-inch thick and cut out the donuts using a donut cutter dipped in flour. Let the donuts and holes rise/set for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, heat up the oil for frying, 3 to 4 inches deep. The oil needs to be about 360°F in order to prevent it from saturating the dough. A drop of dough should sizzle.
Fry for approximately 60 seconds each side, turning only once. Remove from hot oil, place on paper towels, and cool for 5 to 7 minutes before glazing.
Combine butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla, honey and hot water in a small bowl, blending until smooth.
Dunk the donuts into the glaze.
You'll also love
- Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Bars 4.1/5 (117 Votes)
- Strawberry Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- 7 Up Biscuits 3.9/5 (234 Votes)
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn 4.3/5 (84 Votes)
- Creamed Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (71 Votes)
- White Chocolate Martini 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Ice Cream Bread 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- 1-Point Banana Bread 4.2/5 (87 Votes)