Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole
A warm and comforting broccoli rice casserole that can be a side dish or a main–just add leftover meat for a complete meal! This is a wonderful casserole for cold winter nights! It’s full of cheese and delicious broccoli.
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli florets, defrosted & drained
- 1 (10-3/4 ounces) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Velveeta, cubed, optional
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken, optional
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 1.5 quart oven-proof baking dish.
Cut broccoli florets into pieces all about the same size.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine soup, evaporated milk, butter and Velveeta. Microwave on highfor about 1 minute; remove and stir. If mixture still has large chunks of the Velveeta, then microwave an additional 30 seconds on HI. Remove and stir until almost smooth.
Add cooked rice, broccoli, shredded cheddar, salt, pepper and chicken if using, to bowl with the soup/cheese mixture. Mix well.
Turn into prepared baking dish.
Mix Ritz crumbs with melted butter, so all crumbs are coated. Top casserole with buttered crumbs.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until crumbs are browned and sauce bubbles on the edges of the baking dish.
You'll also love
- Salmon and Shrimp Fettuccine... 4/5 (84 Votes)
- Copycat Spicy Queso Blanco... 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella... 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Cream Cheese... 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
- One Pan Chicken & Stuffing with... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Grape Salad 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Pecan Pie 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cajun Baked French Fries 4.5/5 (12 Votes)