Copycat Spicy Queso Blanco Applebee's
Now you can enjoy your favorite Spicy Queso Blanco Dip at home. This creamy cheesy dip with a little kick is loaded with 2 cheeses, fresh herbs and just enough heat to make your tongue tingle.
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 small onion, divided
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined, and minced (divided)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into chunks
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 Roma tomato, deseeded and diced
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cut onion in half and mince one half. Set aside.
Warm oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 2/3 of minced jalapeno and grate ½ onion into pan. Stir to coat and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until tender. Add cream and cheese, stir until cheese is melted. Stir in 1 tablespoon cilantro.
To create a simple pico de gallo: Combine chopped onion, tomato, ½ tablespoon cilantro, and remaining jalapeno in a bowl.
Pour queso blanco into a medium size serving bowl (2 ½ cup or larger). Top with pico de gallo.
Serve and enjoy!
COOK’S NOTE: Adjust jalapenos according to the heat you would like. For mild heat, add less. For a spicier dip add more.
You'll also love
- Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella... 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Cream Cheese... 4.1/5 (69 Votes)
- Patti LaBelle's Simple And... 3.8/5 (333 Votes)
- Ham & Cheese Sticky Buns 3.8/5 (74 Votes)
- Peach Pineapple Dump Cake with... 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Grape Salad 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- The No-Peel Apple Cake 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Bread 4.3/5 (14 Votes)