Whole Wheat Banana Strawberry Crumb Muffins
Healthy and delicious strawberry banana muffins made with whole wheat flour. Serve warm with butter and jam.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sucanat, or whole cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed strawberries
- 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sucanat, or whole cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, or margarine
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 32mins
Adapted from 5dollardinners.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12 muffin tins or line with paper cups.
In a large stand mixer or mixing bowl, beat together the bananas, sucanat, egg, oil and applesauce. Beat in the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently fold in 1 cup of mashed strawberries.
In a small mixing bowl, add the whole wheat flour, cinnamon and sucanat. Cut in the butter with fork or pastry blender.
Pour the batter into the greased muffin tin and then divide the topping evenly.
Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool slightly before serving.
Serve warm with butter.
You'll also love
- Rotisserie Chicken Peanut Noodles 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- The Shipp’s Oatmeal Cookies 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Bites 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Hamburger Casserole with Potatoes 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Orange-Scented Cranberry Sauce 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Blood Shot Mary Shooter with... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Granny's Apple Fries 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (21 Votes)