Banana Muffins with Mascarpone Cream Frosting
Banana muffins with mascarpone cream frosting are a tasty way to use up ripe bananas.
You might notice that these muffins are unfrosted. That's because I think the muffins are plenty sweet enough without the frosting. However, I can tell that the frosting would rock!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and coarsely mashed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, 3/4 stick
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl to blend.
Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the banana. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
Bake the muffins on the middle rack until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out with no crumbs attached, about 25 minutes.
Transfer the muffins to a rack and cool slightly. The muffins may be eaten warm or cooled completely and frosted.
To frost the cupcakes: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in the mascarpone cheese and then beat in the honey.
Spread the frosting over the muffins. Sprinkle with the walnuts.
You'll also love
- Homemade Buttermilk Cornbread 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Cherry Meringue Dessert 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Coconut Flour... 4.2/5 (52 Votes)
- Banana Muffins - NO FLOUR, OIL,... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Cream Pie 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Candy Cane Cheese Danish 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Bisquick Cornbread 3.8/5 (110 Votes)
Review this recipe