Holiday Fondue Recipes from The Melting Pot: Bacon & Brie Cheese, Flaming Turtle Chocolate and Bananas Foster
- BACON & BRIE CHEESE FONDUE
- 1 cup White wine, mild in flavor such as Chablis
- 2 oz Brie cheese, rind removed
- 2 teaspoon Bacon, cooked crispy, cooled and diced
- 6 oz or 1.5 cups Emmenthaler Cheese, shredded
- 6 oz or 1.5 cups Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Lemon, cut in half for juicing
- 10 turns Black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tablespoon Scallions, fresh chopped
- FLAMING TURTLE CHOCOLATE FONDUE
- 4 oz Milk chocolate*, melted
- 4 oz Caramel syrup
- 2 oz Pecans, roasted and chopped
- 1 TBL 151 proof rum
- It is best to use couverture or coating chocolate melted with a small amount of milk or cream to loosen the consistency for all chocolate fondues.
- BANANAS FOSTER FONDUE
- 4 oz White chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 Banana, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Caramel syrup
- 1 TSP Banana liqueur
- 1 TSP Spiced rum
Adapted from sorumblyinmytumbly.blogs
BACON & BRIE CHEESE FONDUE
Mix the shredded Emmenthaler and Gruyere Cheese and toss it with cornstarch to aid in thickening and improve the viscosity of the fondue.
Place a metal bowl over a saucepan filled with 2 inches of water. You may also use a conventional double boiler. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. When steam is visible, reduce the heat to medium.
Add the white wine to bowl, and then add the Brie cheese. Using a fork, stir for approximately 30 seconds, slightly breaking up the Brie cheese in the base.
Add the bacon and continue to stir the contents of the bowl.
Add 1/3 of the shredded cheese blend and stir using the fork until fully incorporated into liquid.
Then add another 1/3 and continue stirring until melted.
Last, add the rest of the cheese and stir using a circular whipping motion until smooth.
Squeeze the lemon juice into the melted fondue and then add fresh ground black pepper.
Fold these two ingredients into the cheese fondue 4-5 times.
Top the fondue with the fresh chopped scallions.
Use dippers such as bread cubes, vegetables, cubed sausage, and cornichons.
FLAMING TURTLE CHOCOLATE FONDUE
Heat melted chocolate in desired fondue pot.
Pour the caramel syrup in a pool at the center of the warm chocolate.
Add the rum to the pot and light with a long fireplace lighter.
As the rum burns away, carefully stir the mixture together.
Garnish with chopped pecans.
Use dippers such as fresh fruits and berries, pound cake, brownies, cheesecake, etc. The possibilities are endless so be creative, have fun and enjoy!
BANANAS FOSTER FONDUE
Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, stirring constantly; or place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 to 45 seconds.
Place the banana slices in the bottom of a warm fondue pot.
Pour the chocolate over the bananas.
Add the caramel and stir gently.
Add the liqueur and rum and stir gently to combine.
Keep fondue warm over low heat.
You'll also love
- Dry Rub Babyback Ribs with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Crustless Broccoli... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cream Cheese & Avocado Fried... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Spicy Korean Beef (using ground... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Pie Egg Rolls 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Mole-braised beef short ribs 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Bacon Egg Salad 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacon Jam Bruschetta with Apple... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)