Banana Pineapple Coconut Muffin
These Banana Pineapple Coconut Muffins are bursting at the crusty seams with tropical fruit flavors.
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose or white wheat flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces pineapple
- 5 bananas
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup yogurt - Greek vanilla works well
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, optional
- 1 cup coconut, shredded, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodie.com
In a large bowl, combine your flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Drain both of your cans of Dole Crushed Pineapple. Pour pineapple into a food processor and puree. Peel your Dole Bananas and add them to the pineapple mixture, pureeing again. You do not have to puree your bananas, if you prefer you can simply mash them with the fork.
Add your pineapple/banana puree, eggs, oil, vanilla and yogurt to your dry ingredients. Combine ingredients until just mixed.
Add in your white chocolate chips and shredded coconut if desired.
Fill paper lined or greased muffins tins 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full. If desired sprinkle a bit of shredded coconut on top.
Bake at 350°F for 13 to 16 minutes or until a toothpick into the center comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (889 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (894 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)