Strawberry Shortcake Roll
- Angel Food Cake:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 12 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 basket of strawberries, sliced thinly
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Stir flour and powdered sugar together in small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until it gets foamy.
4. On high speed, beat in sugar, 2 tbsp at a time. Add vanilla extract, almond extract and salt. Continue beating until stiff and glossy meringue forms. Do not over mix.
5. Sprinkle flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, over meringue. Fold into meringue just until flour mixture disappears.
6.Spread into a jelly roll pan and bake 15-18 minutes or until cake raises back up after gently touched.
7. In the meantime, generously sprinkle powdered sugar on cutting board. Lay a kitchen towel over powdered sugar on cutting board. Generously sprinkle powdered sugar over towel.
8. After taking cooked cake out of oven, immediately flip cake onto kitchen towel (having one end as close as possible to edge of towel). You will need a helping hand to do this.
9. Slowly roll cake (with towel), starting with side that is closest to edge of towel. Don't roll to tight. Remember filling needs to fit inside.
10. Let cool.
11. In meantime, make whipped cream: Beat the 2 cups whipping cream, sugar and vanilla on high speed until stiff and glossy.
12. Slowly unroll cake. Cool down if necessary.
13. Spread whipped cream over cake and place sliced strawberries over top, leaving no empty spaces.
14. Slowly, roll cake back up. Tucking end of cake under itself
15. Immediately serve or refrigerate.
You'll also love
- Carrot and Zucchini Bars 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Southern Cabbage for the Pressure... 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Orange-Cranberry Scones with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Paleo Raw Chocolate Coconut... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Raspberry Bars with Fresh... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Strawberry Cucumber Salsa with... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
Review this recipe