Ultra creamy vegan zucchini soup. This simple 9-ingredient recipe is ready in 30 minutes and crazy delicious. It’s also gluten-free.
- For Serving (Optional):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2.2 pounds (1kg) zucchinis, sliced *(roughly 3 to 4 large ones, 5 to 6 medium or 9 to 10 small.)
- 3 cups (720ml) vegetable stock
- 1 (14-ounce) (400ml) can *coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh Thyme
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Add the olive oil, chopped onions, crushed garlic, dried basil, thyme and rosemary to a pot and sauté until the onions are softened.
Add in the sliced zucchini and toss with the onions and spices.
Add the vegetable stock and coconut cream. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover the pot and simmer until the zucchinis are soft and cooked.
Blend up with an immersion blender if you have one or by transferring in stages to a blender jug and blending until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with some vegan parmesan, ground black pepper and fresh thyme.
*This amount of zucchinis is 3-4 large ones, 5-6 medium or 9-10 small. They are also called courgettes in some parts of the world.
*Coconut cream can be switched for coconut milk but I do recommend the full fat canned variety.
You'll also love
- Apple Glazed Pork Chops (Low Carb) 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Crazy Potatoes 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Mounds Bars with just 3 ingredients 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Crockpot Potato Soup 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie with... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Apple Crisp (for 50) 3.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Moonshine 4/5 (2 Votes)