Zucchini (Or Cucumber) Relish
- 10 cups sliced zucchini or cucumbers
- 4 cups quartered onion
- 2 large red peppers
- 2 large green peppers
- 2 large carrots for color (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups vinegar
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/3 cup mustard seed
Grind zucchini or cucumbers, onions, peppers and carrots (if used). Mix well and drain off excess juice. Add 1/3 cup pickling salt. Mix well and let stand overnight. Drain and rinse well the next morning.
In a large pot, add vinegar, sugar, turmeric, celery and mustard seed. Bring to a boil; add vegetables and bring to a low boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
Place in hot, sterilized jars and seal immediately.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Apple Jelly Without Added Pectin 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Grilled Shark Or Swordfish Steaks 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Sage, Orange, And Clove Rotisserie... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cajun Potatoes and Corn on the Cob 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cauliflower Crackers: 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini Noodles with Cheese... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Magic Pumpkin Pie 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Zucchini Tart With Crumbled... 4/5 (1 Votes)