Apple Glazed Pork Chops (Low Carb)
Pork and apples are a great combination. Ever since I stopped eating apple sauce, I've been looking for a way to have this combination of flavors again!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Splenda
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
1. Put the oil in a heavy non-stick skillet, and brown the pork chops in the oil.
2. When both sides are brown, stir together the vinegar, Splenda, and the soy sauce, and pour the mixture over the chops. Scatter the onion on top.
3. Cover, and turn the burner to low. Let the chops simmer, turning at least once, for 45 minutes or until the pan is almost dry. (*I uncover them after about 30 minutes and turn the burner up to allow the liquid to evaporate since I double the recipe. You have to watch them and start turning them when the liquid is about gone so they don't burn.)
Serve the chops with the onions, and scrape all the nice, syrupy pan liquid over them.
You'll also love
- Chinese-Style Glazed Pork... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Grilled Cola-glazed Pork Chops... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Crazy Potatoes 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Traditional Pork Tamales With Mole... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse's Jackaroo Pork... 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Fresh Lemon Curd (For Vitamix) 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Pineapple Cake With Pineapple Glaze 3.5/5 (4 Votes)