Masala-Spiced Lentil Hummus
This hummus has a fun and exotic twist…spiced with garam masala and curry powder, with lentils instead of chickpeas. It is smooth, creamy, spicy, and completely addictive!
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Rinse lentils well before cooking. I find it easiest to add the lentils to the cooking pot, cover with water, swirl, drain, and repeat until water is no longer cloudy.
Cover lentils with 3 or so cups of water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until lentils are cooked through.
Drain and cool.
Combine cooled lentils with all other ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
Blend on high for 30 seconds, scrape down sides of processor and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
Serve with naan bread
You'll also love
- Banana Meringue Pudding 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Rigatoni Ala Vodka 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Flank Steak Salad 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Potatoes with Queso... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Onion-Dijon Pork Chops Recipe 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Honey & Walnut Baked Brie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Breakfast Pizza for Two 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Hanukkah Gelt Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)