Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
Now you can have Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies that are full of flavor. The mix of flours gives these great texture.
- 1/2 cup butter or dairy-free alternative, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg*
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from livingwithout.com
In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until fluffy and light. Add molasses and egg and beat until thoroughly combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, sorghum flour, potato starch, arrowroot starch, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture to form a dough.
Divide dough in half. Cover and chill in the refrigerator about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out each half of dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper into ⅛- to ¼-inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut dough into gingerbread men. Pick up cookies with a metal spatula and transfer them to prepared baking sheet. If cut-outs are too sticky or soft to transfer, chill them for 5 minutes and try again. Gather scraps together and continue cutting cookies until all dough is used.
Place cookies in preheated oven and bake 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing.
Decorate with your favorite gluten-free icing and sprinkles, if desired.
*For Egg-Free Gingerbread Men, omit 1 egg. Mix 1 tablespoon flax meal with 2 tablespoons hot water. Add to recipe to replace 1 egg.
You'll also love
- Upside Down Gingerbread Man... 4.3/5 (92 Votes)
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Green... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Winter Slaw with Kale & Cabbage 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Christmas Cookie Dough Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ricotta & Pear Crostini with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Low-Carb In-a-Minute Macaroons 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Loaf 4.5/5 (4 Votes)