Peach Pancakes and Chai Syrup
Saturday morning's were made for Peach Pancakes and Chai Syrup.
- Chai Syrup:
- 2 can peach slices (juice pack), 15 ounces
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Fresh or frozen peaches, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup reserved juice from drained peaches
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 spiced chai-flavor black tea bags
Adapted from bhg.com
Drain peaches; reserve 1 cup juice. In blender process peaches until smooth. Transfer to bowl; stir in cream and eggs; set aside.
In large bowl combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, spices, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add peach mixture. Stir just until moistened. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot, lightly greased griddle; spread to 4-inch circle. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes per side. Serve with Chai Syrup and chopped peaches. Makes 6 servings.
In a small saucepan combine the reserved peach juice, brown sugar, the water, and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved. Add tea bags; cook and stir until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Discard tea bags.