Stone Crab Cocktail
It's 5'o clock everywhere with this stone crab cocktail! Better than any drink, munch on this seafood masterpiece as an appetizer on a summer's day!
- 4 pounds cooked stone crab claws
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (California preferred)
- Pinch salt
- Several grinds black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes (sunburst, sun gold ,black cherry), halved
- Orange segments from 2 oranges
- 1 ounce micro basil or 6 large green or purple basil leaves, cut into fine ribbons
Adapted from localpalatemag.com
Shell the stone crab, keeping claws intact.
Make a dressing by mixing together minced shallot, orange and lemon juices, olive oil, and salt pepper.
Lightly toss the crab, orange segments, and tomatoes with the dressing. Serve in 4 cocktail glass with basil garnish on top.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Banana Pudding Cups 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Smokey Chipotle Pork Chops 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Low Carb Irish Soda Bread 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Partan Bree (Scottish Crab Bisque) 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Jalapeño Crab Dip 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam - Reduced... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Lemon Panko Shrimp 4.2/5 (25 Votes)