Hanukkah Gelt Cookies
Hanukkah Gelt Cookies are a cute, traditional Hanukkah cookie that will be a hit with your family, especially the kiddos. Grab the grandkids for some helping hands and make baking these treats a family event. This easy recipe comes together with only 3 ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes for a sweet treat that is sure to please during Hanukkah.
- 1 (16.5-ounce) tube package refrigerated sugar cookies
- 16 pieces foil-covered chocolate coins, Hanukkah gelt, unwrapped
- Bright yellow or blue sanding sugar, or both, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
Cut dough evenly into 16 slices; place slices 2-inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten each slice until it measures about 2-inches in diameter. Sprinkle slices with sanding sugar; place 1 piece of gelt on center of each slice.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown, gelt may be slightly melted but should hold its shape). Cool 5 to 10 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
You'll also love
- Lentil and Ham Soup 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Mom's Molasses Applesauce Cookies 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Gorgonzola Crusted Scallops with... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Lokshen Kugel, Savory Noodle Kugel 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Wiener Schnitzel in an Air Fryer 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Football Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Snap Pea Salad with Whipped Ricotta 4.5/5 (4 Votes)