Honey & Walnut Baked Brie
In this version of Brie en Croûte, the sweet and savory filling bakes inside the brie itself making this sweet and savory, Honey and Walnut Baked Brie, a show-stopper of an appetizer hit. When you slice into this baked brie recipe you will see the layers of vibrant flavors and rich, melty cheese. Serve with assorted fruits, crackers, and toasted bread.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 (17.3-ounce) package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) Brie cheese round, cut in half horizontally
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Stir the walnuts, honey, and rosemary in a small bowl.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Place 1 cheese half, cut-side up, in the center of the pastry sheet. Spread the walnut mixture on the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese half, cut-side down.
Brush the edge of the pastry with the egg mixture. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover. Trim the excess pastry and press to seal. Brush the seam with the egg mixture. Place seam-side-down onto a baking sheet. Decorate the top with the pastry scraps, if desired. Brush with the egg mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 30 minutes. Serve with apple slices and French bread slices.
You'll also love
- Breakfast Pizza for Two 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Hanukkah Gelt Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Autumn Roasted Veggie Salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Stone Crab Cocktail 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Lover's Cookies in a Jar 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam - Reduced... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Green... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)