Creamed Corn Casserole
Corn and sweet peppers are the stars of this homey casserole that includes cream cheese.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups red and/or green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped (1-large)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (8-ounce) tub cream cheese spread with chive and onion or cream cheese spread with garden vegetables
- 1/4 cup milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Lightly coat a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside. Place corn in a colander and thaw by running under cool water; drain. Set aside.
In a large saucepan cook sweet pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon hot butter until tender. Stir in corn and black pepper. In a medium bowl whisk together soup, cream cheese spread, and milk. Stir soup mixture into corn mixture. Transfer to prepared casserole.
Bake, covered, in a 375°F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
Slow cooker directions:
Do not thaw corn and omit butter. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine frozen corn, sweet peppers, onion, and black pepper. In a medium bowl whisk together celery soup, cream cheese, and milk. Pour over mixture in cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Stir before serving.
You'll also love
- Cherry-Orange pull apart breakfast... 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Pecan Cheesecake Squares 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Taco Time's Secret Beef Seasoning 3.8/5 (156 Votes)
- Drunken Cookie Monster Cocktail 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI BREAD 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Cheesy Hawaiian Dip 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- BBQ Beef & Bean Cornbread Casserole 4.6/5 (28 Votes)