Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
Skip the fast food line and opt to make these delicious cheesy fiesta potatoes at home! Your family will think you got them from their favorite fast food restaurant!
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds large white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream, divided
- 1 green onion, chopped (green part only)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 475° F.
In a Ziplock bag, mix the garlic powder and cumin together; add the cubed potatoes, seal the bag, and toss it all together until potatoes are coated evenly.
In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat melt the oil and butter together.
Add the seasoned potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until they're a nice, golden brown, about 10 minutes; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the sautéed potatoes to a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 475° F for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are nice and crisp.
When potatoes are almost done baking, place the cubed Velveeta, salsa, and Tabasco into a microwave-safe bowl (I use a large Pyrex measuring bowl) and microwave for 1 minute; stir and microwave another minute; stir again and microwave for 1 more minute, then stir until smooth.
For each serving, place some potatoes in a bowl, then pour over 1/4 of the melted Velveeta cheese sauce, top with some sour cream, then sprinkle with chopped green onion.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stew 3.9/5 (163 Votes)
- Grandpa's Sauerkraut and Kielbasa 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- OLD FASHIONED APPLESAUCE SPICE CAKE 4.2/5 (50 Votes)
- Lemon Curd & Blueberry Loaf Cake 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI BREAD 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Feta & Parmesan Zucchini Bake 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Baked Mini Potato Galettes 4.2/5 (58 Votes)