Mexican Sour Cream Rice
This Mexican Sour Cream Rice recipe is awesome. Isn't it great when you think "He would love this!"? I guess that makes me a total wife. Darn.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from tasteofhomecooking.blogspot.com
In a large pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
lightly grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
In the pot with the cooked rice, mix the sour cream, green chile peppers, 1 cup pepper Jack cheese, corn, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Both these recipes are awesome. Isn't it great too when you think "He would love this!"? I guess that makes me a total wife. Darn. :)