The Pioneer Woman's Tres Leches Cake
Tres Leches Cake is a light and airy sponge cake soaked with a mixture of three milks: evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream. Sweet and super creamy this cake is perfect to serve as a birthday cake or make this the centerpiece of your dessert table for any occasion. Keep this dish refrigerated and serve during the warmer months to cool down all of your party guests with a sweet treat.
- FOR THE ICING:
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened, condensed milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint heavy cream, for whipping
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 110mins
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Preheat oven to 350°F
Spray a 9x13-inch pan liberally until coated.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Separate eggs.
Beat egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar on high speed until yolks are pale yellow. Stir in milk and vanilla. Pour egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and stir very gently until combined.
Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. With the mixer on, pour in remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until egg whites are stiff but not dry.
Fold egg white mixture into the batter very gently until just combined. Pour into prepared pan and spread to even out the surface.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Turn cake out onto a rimmed platter and allow to cool.
Combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream in a small pitcher. When cake is cool, pierce the surface with a fork several times. Slowly drizzle all but about 1 cup of the milk mixture—try to get as much around the edges of the cake as you can.
Allow the cake to absorb the milk mixture for 30 minutes. To ice the cake, whip 1 pint heavy cream with 3 tablespoons of sugar until thick and spreadable.
Spread over the surface of the cake. Decorate cake with whole or chopped maraschino cherries. Cut into squares and serve.
Share this Post
You'll also love
- Jack Stack Barbecue Cheesy Corn... 4.7/5 (32 Votes)
- Panko Baked Chicken Breasts 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Mom's Best Marshmallow & Coconut... 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Banana Bread Brownies 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Easter Bread Rings 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Peach Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake with... 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops 4.5/5 (47 Votes)