Thai Pumpkin Soup
This tasty Thai-inspired pumpkin and coconut soup takes less than 15 minutes to make with canned pumpkin purée! Have more time? Try the fresh pumpkin version.
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pumpkin purée or 4 cups homemade pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- Option: If you want to start with raw pumpkin, get two small 3 pound pumpkins, peel them, seed them, cut them into 1 inch cubes, add to the coconut milk and broth and simmer, covered, until tender, about 15-20 minutes, before puréeing.
- Option: Use another sweet winter squash like butternut squash or kabocha instead of pumpkin.
- Option: Add 1/4 cup peanut butter! Try it, you'll love it!
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about a minute.
Add broth, coconut milk, pumpkin purée, fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Layer Cake 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- mashed potatoes Roasted garlic 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Turkey Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Easy Eggnog Pumpkin Pie 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Turkey Escarole Soup with... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Squash Soup 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Butternut squash and Parsnip soup 4.6/5 (10 Votes)