Fall flavors are a natural with pumpkin, of course, and are enhanced with a warm spice mix, potatoes and a touch of cream for a delicious and satisfying soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 kg peeled pumpkin, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced
- 1 L Campbell's Real Stock Chicken or Vegetable
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
Preparation time 40mins
Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion and leek and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches.
Return soup to pan, stir through cream and reheat gently. Season and add a little more nutmeg if desired.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Cranberry Apples 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Farro Salad with Butternut Squash,... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlets with Tomatoes and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes & Haddock... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Tuscan Roasted Squash & Kale 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Artichoke Quiche 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Portuguese Bean Soup 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Asparagus Leek and Red Potato Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)