Roasted Potatoes & Haddock Puttanesca
Traditional Puttanesca sauce is prepared and served with baked haddock and homemade oven roasted potatoes that are seasoned with shallots. The flavors are amazing in this dish!
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes and their juices, coarsely puréed
- 1/4 cup halved, pitted oil-cured black olives
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved
- 2 large shallots, peeled, leaving root end intact, quartered
- 8 ounces haddock or halibut fillets, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 cup halved caper berries or 1 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium pot over low heat. Add garlic and anchovies; cook, stirring frequently to break up anchovies, until garlic is soft but not browned, 3-4 minutes. Add red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add tomato purée, increase heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 15-20 minutes. Stir in olives; simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 425°F. Place a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet. Toss 1 tablespoon oil, potatoes, shallots, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl to coat. Spread in a single layer on prepared rack. Roast on top oven rack for 18 minutes. Keep in oven.
Place fish in an 8x8x2" glass baking dish. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on bottom oven rack and roast with potatoes until fish is just opaque in center, potatoes are golden brown and tender, and shallots are crispy, about 7 minutes longer.
Place potatoes, shallots, and fish on a platter in an even layer. Spoon 1 1/2 cups puttanesca over (reserve remaining sauce for another use); garnish with caper berries and parsley.
Per serving: 326 calories, 14 g fat, 36 g carbohydrates
Nutritional analysis provided by Bon Appétit
You'll also love
- Plum Butter Chops 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Green Beans with Parsnips and... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini and Spaghetti Lasagna 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Tuna Nicoise Sandwiches 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Cookism's Cod in a Pod 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Filipino White Bean and Pork Stew 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Vegan Lentil Burgers 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Asparagus Leek and Red Potato Soup 4.7/5 (6 Votes)