Zucchini, Carrot, and Parsnip Patties with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Although this recipe uses the grill you can also cook on the stove top.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed, peeled, and coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium parsnip, trimmed, peeled, and coarsely grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 4 –6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
In a small bowl whisk the sauce ingredients, including ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until it barely starts to brown, 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the zucchini, carrots, and parsnip and cook until crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the eggs, cheese, ¼ cup flour, chives, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. If the mixture seems too loose, add another 1 to 2 tablespoons flour.
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (about 400°F), and preheat a grill-proof griddle for about 10 minutes.
Warm 3 tablespoons oil on the griddle. Working in batches, ladle ¼ cup of the zucchini mixture for each patty onto the griddle, flattening each gently with the back of a spoon into 3-inch diameter patties. Cook over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until the patties are browned, about 4 minutes, carefully turning once. Repeat with the remaining zucchini mixture, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons oil to the griddle for each batch. Serve the patties warm with the sauce.
You'll also love
- Thai Beef and Basil 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Warm Pasta Salad with Italian... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Filipino White Bean and Pork Stew 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Vegan Portobello and Poblano... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Orange Tapioca Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Asparagus Leek and Red Potato Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Tamales 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple-Pecan Carrot Cake 4.7/5 (6 Votes)