Asparagus Leek and Red Potato Soup
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 6 red potatoes, scrubbed, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32-ounce) container vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Adapted from sheknows.com
In a large Dutch oven, saute the leeks and garlic. Add asparagus until slightly caramelized. Add potatoes.
Add the thyme leaves and vegetable stock, cover loosely and simmer until the asparagus is soft, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Puree soup with immersion blender. Add the almond milk or maybe coconut milk, salt and pepper and stir until hot. Serve.
You'll also love
- Pan Seared Cod with Arugula... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Israeli Beef Roast 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Luck o' the Irish Corned Beef &... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef Broccoli Lo Mein with Flank... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Potato and Turkey Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Flaky Chicken Pot Pie 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini & Potato Tian 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Asparagus 4.6/5 (5 Votes)