Zucchini and Spaghetti Lasagna
- 4 zucchini – peeled and cut
- 1 Vidalia onion – diced
- 5 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley – chopped
- 29 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 3-4 tbs. red wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbs. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 16 oz. mozzarella – shredded
- 1/2 lb. sliced salami
- 1/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs. your favorite spaghetti
- Olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
Heat a saucepot with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions, garlic, zucchini and Italian parsley and sauté until the onions are softened and the garlic fragrant.
Add the crushed tomatoes, seasonings and wine and simmer on low while preparing the spaghetti.
Preheat Oven 325 degrees
Drain the spaghetti; place in a bowl and toss with some of the sauce, reserving a little sauce for between the layers and the top of the “lasagna”.
Drizzle a little olive oil at the bottom of a large baking pan. Place 1/3 of the spaghetti at the bottom of the pan then a layer of salami and shredded mozzarella. Repeat the process until you have used the spaghetti and the sauce.
Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Let rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting.