Green Beans with Parsnips and Pickled Red Onions
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled parsnips cut into strips
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbls. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
In a small saucepan, add oil and onions and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes). Slowly add vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper.
In a large pot of boiling water, cook green beans and parsnips for 8 minutes until crispy tender.
Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Pour onion mixture over the vegetables and toss well.
Serve warm or at room temperature,
You'll also love
- Zucchini and Spaghetti Lasagna 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegetarian French Onion Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Onion Baked Chicken 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Green Bean Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- French Chicken Salad with Green... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Glazed Pork Roast with Carrots,... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Tomato and Peach Salad with Feta... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Feta Stuffed Fig Glazed Lamb... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)