Grilled Mint-Rubbed Tuna With Orange And Fennel Relish
- 3 blood oranges peeled, segmented (or regular, if out of season)
- 1/2 cup julienned fennel
- 3 tablespoons thinly-sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tuna steaks - (6 to 8 oz ea)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Mix together the oranges, fennel, scallion, currants, vinegar and honey in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Rub each tuna steak on both sides with the mint leaves and brush with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and grill for 2 minutes on each side for rare or longer for desired doneness.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Tuna Hummus Crostini 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle... 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Fennel & Apple Salad with Roasted... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orecchiette with Caramelized... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Classic Midwestern Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baja-Style Fish Tacos With Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean Bechamel Over Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Open-Faced Crab-Melt Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)