Grilled Mint-Rubbed Tuna With Orange And Fennel Relish
- 3 blood oranges peeled, segmented (or regular, if out of season)
- 1/2 cup julienned fennel
- 3 tablespoons thinly-sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tuna steaks - (6 to 8 oz ea)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Mix together the oranges, fennel, scallion, currants, vinegar and honey in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Rub each tuna steak on both sides with the mint leaves and brush with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and grill for 2 minutes on each side for rare or longer for desired doneness.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)