Fennel & Apple Salad with Roasted Beets
Thinly sliced fennel and granny smith apples offer a contrast of flavors and add a crunch to this amazing salad with roasted beets, toasted walnuts, and crumbled goat cheese.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, and thinly sliced about 4 cups
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- zest of 1 lemon, minced
- Top with:
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 cup roasted beets, cut into 1/2” thick half-moons (1 large beet)
- fennel fronds
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from jamesandeverett.com
Heat oven to 425º F. Peel beets and cut into ½” thick half-moons. Toss with a 2 Tablespoons of oil and place in roasting dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until fork tender. Set aside to cool completely.
Whisk together all ingredients for dressing.
Thinly slice fennel and apple, toss with lemon zest and dressing.
Place fennel and apples on a serving plate and top with goat cheese, walnuts, beets, and fennel fronds.
You'll also love
- Potato & Leek Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- RANCH POTATO SALAD 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Jicama, Citrus and Watercress Salad 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Protein... 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Apple Pork Tenderloin 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orecchiette with Caramelized... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fennel-Rubbed Chicken-etta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Jamie Oliver's Smoked Beets 5/5 (1 Votes)