Tuna Hummus Crostini
From Tori Avey. Made twice. We liked it. One time I used dried basil because I didn't have any fresh and t worked! I also added chopped celery and that was really good!
See the full post:http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2015/02/mediterranean-tuna-hummus-crostini/#Ep6OTsO567ZAo6gG.99
- 1 thin baguette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cans Genova Tonno Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil plus 1/4 cup chiffonade fresh basil leaves (optional garnish)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup hummus
- 1/3 cup pesto
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the baguette along a diagonal into 1/4 inch slices using a serrated knife. Do not slice them thicker than 1/4 inch, or they will be difficult to bite through when toasted.
2.Place the slices on a cookie sheet. Brush the tops of the bread pieces with olive oil.
3. Place the bread into the oven and let it toast for 8-10 minutes till the bottoms of the bread slices are golden brown and toasted. Flip the slices to check for doneness-- they will brown more on the bottom than they will on the top.
4. In a mixing bowl combine tuna, 2 tbsp chopped basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
5. To assemble - first stop each crostini with 1 1/2 tsp of hummus, then add 1/2 tsp of pesto.
6. Top with tuna salad. Garnish with basil if desired.
You'll also love
- Basic Pasta Dough Recipe 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Barbecue Turkey... 4.2/5 (96 Votes)
- Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.3/5 (89 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Scallops with White... 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Crawfish Cornbread 4.3/5 (89 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon & Black Bean Salsa 4.6/5 (64 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Crostini with... 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Soup with Asiago... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)