White Bean Bechamel Over Asparagus
- 15 ounces canned white beans drained (reserve 1/2 cup of bean liquid)
- 4 ounces silken tofu - (abt 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion halved
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears steamed
Combine beans, reserved liquid, tofu and onion in container of a blender or food processor; blend until smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Spoon sauce into a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir in nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place asparagus on a serving platter and top with sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 1/4 of asparagus and about 1/2 cup of sauce per serving.
Points® Value: 3
You'll also love
- Open-Faced Crab-Melt Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Halibut With Nectarine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Noodles With Turkey Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive And Sun-Dried Tomato... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Blackened Grouper, Grilled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentils With Bulgur Wheat And... 0/5 (0 Votes)