Orange Chinese Chicken
- 2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts four 4-oz pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper or to taste
- 15 ounces Del Monte Mandarin Oranges In Light Syrup (or similar item)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper; add chicken to skillet and cook until golden, flipping once, about 2 minutes per side.
Drain oranges and reserve 1/4 cup liquid. Add oranges with reserved liquid to skillet and simmer 2 minutes. Whisk together broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl; add mixture to pan and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes more.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 1 piece of chicken and about 1/4 cup of sauce per serving.
Points® Value: 5
You'll also love
- Easy Pad Thai 4.3/5 (210 Votes)
- Panda Express-Style Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Chicken Mushroom Marsala Calzone 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Ham With Orange Pan Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chef Neals Baby Back Ribs With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts With Chanterelle... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)