Baja-Style Fish Tacos With Salad And Chili-Lime Sauce
- 2 servings cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 1/2 cup yellow masa corn flour
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound red snapper fillets, cut 2" pieces
- 8 medium corn tortillas buy a few extra in
- case some break
- 1 head romaine lettuce outer leaves
- removed and remaining leaves sliced into
- 1/4 " strips
- 5 medium red radishes thinly sliced
- 2 medium scallions thinly sliced
- 10 medium cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish
Preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (or nonstick aluminum foil) and coat with cooking spray (helps to make fish crispy).
Place corn flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and paprika in a large bowl; mix to combine. Add snapper to corn flour mixture and toss to coat
Place seasoned fish on prepared baking sheet and lightly coat tops of fish with cooking spray. Broil until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven to warm; place on rack furthest from heat source.
To make salad, combine lettuce, radishes, scallions, tomatoes and cabbage in a medium bowl; set aside.
To make sauce, combine yogurt, lime juice and chipotle peppers in a blender; blend until smooth.
To assemble, place a tortilla on a plate. Top with 2 to 3 pieces of fish, 1/2 cup of salad and 2 tablespoons of sauce; roll up and repeat with remaining ingredients.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 2 filled tortillas per serving.
Points® Value: 7
You'll also love
- White Bean Bechamel Over Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Open-Faced Crab-Melt Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Halibut With Nectarine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ling Cod With Matsutakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs With Avocado And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Ham With Orange Pan Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Scallops With Honey-Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)