Hearty Chicken Pumpkin Soup
This easy pumpkin soup is made with chicken, pumpkin puree, chicken stock, and fresh vegetables. Cream and cheese add richness. The perfect fall soup!
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 32 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from wishesndishes.com
Heat olive oil in large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrots, stirring and cooking about 15 minutes, until softened. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add chicken, chicken broth, pumpkin, cream, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro. Stir to combine.
When hot, stir in cheese until melted. Taste and season accordingly with additional seasonings if desired.
You'll also love
- Chickpea & Chicken Coconut Green... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Wasabi-Crusted Chicken Breasts 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Moosewood Black Bean-Sweet Potato... 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Pineapple Coleslaw 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Smoked Duck 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Vegetable Soup with Herbs 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Caramel Sauce from Sweet Potatoes 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicago-Style Italian... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)