This uncommon combination of coleslaw mix and canned pineapple is tossed with a sweet and tangy homemade dressing. Don't be skeptical like I was at first, this was really good!
- 1 (16 oz) package tri-color coleslaw mix
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained in a colander and pressed out dry (crushed pineapple not recommended)
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
Optional step: If a finer texture coleslaw is desired (as shown), pulse the coleslaw mix a couple of times in a food processor using the steel blade. (Do in 2-3 batches).
Place the cabbage mixture and pineapple in a large bowl. (I only used about 2/3 of the pineapple).
In a small bowl, whisk together the cream, mayo, sugar, and vinegar until creamy.
Pour dressing over the coleslaw mixture. Refrigerate a hour before serving. (I refrigerated both separately until serving time, then used just enough of the dressing for desired creaminess.)
You'll also love
- Smoked Duck 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Caramel Sauce from Sweet Potatoes 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Frittata Ranchero with Black Beans... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Raspberry Zinger Poke Cake 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Tequila Lime Seasoning Mix 3.9/5 (28 Votes)
- Pineapple and Pine Nut Torte 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Beans with Ground Beef and... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)