Wasabi-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Make this Asian-inspired fried chicken recipe your next family dinner. Wasabi panko breaded chicken breasts are pan fried and topped with teriyaki sake pan sauce.
- 1 1/4 cups panko or fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless French bread
- 4 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, flattened to 1/3-inch thickness between plastic wrap
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Adapted from epicurious.com
Combine panko, wasabi powder, salt, and pepper in large shallow dish. Place eggs in pie dish. Dip chicken, 1 breast at a time, in egg, then in panko mixture. Turn to coat completely.
Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté 2 chicken breasts until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to platter. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Drain off excess oil.
Add teriyaki sauce, sake, and chicken broth to skillet; bring to boil, scraping up browned bits. Drizzle sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve.
You can serve with Asian rice pilaf with lemon and green beans with sesame seeds.
You'll also love
- Chicken Vegetable Soup with Herbs 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Classic Vegetable & Chicken Pot... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- White Trash Sliders 4/5 (55 Votes)
- Brined Chicken Thighs 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Fried-Chicken Fried Rice With... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Red Chicken Pozole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Plum Good Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)