Chickpea & Chicken Coconut Green Curry
I have edited this curry dish from it's original form by adding bamboo shoots and altering the chili paste originally recommended. We put this dish over some basmati rice and it was incredibly delicious!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package chicken tenders or breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chili & garlic sauce
- 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, cleaned, trimmed and thinly sliced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from thecrepesofwrath.com
1. Heat olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot. Add in cubed chicken and cook over medium heat until almost fully cooked, about 6-7 minutes.
2. Add shallots and continue to cook until the shallots are softened, about another 5-6 minutes.
3. Add in the curry paste, chili paste, kosher salt, ginger, coconut milk, and 1 cup of water. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil.
4. Stir in the additional cup of water and bring back up to a boil, then add the drained and rinsed chickpeas and bamboo shoots and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add in the Swiss chard. Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Serve over rice or as a soup with naan to dip.
Tip: When you're trimming the chard, the thicker, whiter parts are generally too tough to eat, but the smaller, more tender colored stalks and all of the leafy greens will soften as they cook.
You'll also love
- Wasabi-Crusted Chicken Breasts 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Vegetable Soup with Herbs 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Sesame-Crusted Roast Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chickpea and Portobello... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Red Chicken Pozole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut-Lime Chicken Stew with Rice 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- One Pot Brazilian Chickpeas & Rice 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Curry 4/5 (4 Votes)