Chicken Vegetable Soup with Herbs
A flavorful chicken soup on a cold day.
- 6 chicken thighs (skinned)
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 thyme sprig
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 stalks celery with leaves (chunked)
- 2 carrots (scraped and chunked)
- 1 lg onion (quartered)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 qts water (enough to cover chicken approximately 2")
- 4 stalks celery (diced)
- 4 carrots (scraped and diced)
- 1 14.5 oz can whole tomatoes (chopped - without juice)
- 2 Herb-ox chicken packets
- 1 32 oz can chicken broth
- ground pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 240mins
Place all stock ingredients in a 8 quart stock pot. Bring to a boil; skimming foam as needed. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Strain stock using cheese cloth and strainer. Set chicken aside in a separate bowl.
Add diced celery and carrots to the stock. Then add whole tomatoes, Herb-ox chicken packets, chicken broth, parsley, ground pepper and simmer for an additional hour.
Add chopped chicken and favorite noodles to the soup when it is done.
Remaining chicken can be used for chicken salad or served on the side with the soup.
You'll also love
- Classic Vegetable & Chicken Pot... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Pork and Lentil Soup 3.8/5 (48 Votes)
- White Trash Sliders 3.9/5 (65 Votes)
- Creamy Southwestern Taco Soup 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Brined Chicken Thighs 3.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Hot Dog Eggrolls 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Sesame-Crusted Roast Chicken 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)