Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce from The Pioneer Woman Cooks
This recipe is on the Pioneer Woman's blog, but these photos are my own.
Wow! This sauce is amazing. Double it!
I cooked two rib-eyes, but they were so large that we split them and got four portions.
PW rocks! This is truly a man pleasing meal. My husband would attest to that!
- 2 whole ribeye steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 whole large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Salt and pepper both sides of the steaks. Grill in 2 tablespoons butter until medium rare.
Saute onions in 4 tablespoons butter over high heat. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until dark and caramelized.
Reduce heat to simmer and pour in cream. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until reduced by half.
Stir in blue cheese until melted. Serve steaks on generous portion of sauce.
You'll also love
- Perfect Crispy Potatoes 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Mongolian Shrimp & Broccoli 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Pineapple Chicken 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Chicken Spaghetti 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Asian Vegetable-Beef Soup 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Buttermilk Brined Crock Pot... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- E.D. Smith's Pumpkin Pie 3.7/5 (297 Votes)
- Truffled Lobster Risotto 4/5 (26 Votes)