Michael Symon's Grilled Skirt Steak
Prepare the marinade the night before so that the flavors can soak into this grilled steak. Serve with some grilled veggies for a complete meal cooked on the grill.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pound skirt steak, or flank steak, hanger steak or beef heart
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from beta.abc.go.com
Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, rosemary and chili flakes. Add about 1/3 of a cup of olive oil. Place the steak in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade into it. Marinate for a minimum of 2 hours and preferably overnight in the fridge.
Remove the steak from the fridge 30 minutes prior to use. Heat a grill over medium-high heat. Wipe off the bits of the marinade from the steak and drizzle it with olive oil.
Place the steak on the grill and cook 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until the meat has grill marks. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes, then slice across the grain and serve.
You'll also love
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.1/5 (266 Votes)
- Lemon Ginger Avo Mayo 4.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup 4.5/5 (152 Votes)
- Crockpot Italian Chicken 4.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wraps 4.5/5 (155 Votes)
- New York Cheesecake 4.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Oreo Dirt Cake 4/5 (254 Votes)
- Philadelphia 3-Step Cheesecake 3.9/5 (309 Votes)