Truffled Lobster Risotto
Creamy risotto made with truffle oil and homemade lobster broth with big pieces of lobster - a special meal that can be easily made any night of the week!
- 2 (8-ounce) uncooked lobster tails
- 3 1/2 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons white or black truffle oil
- 3/4 cup chopped leeks, white part only
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook lobster in large pot of simmering salted water until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl of cold water to cool. Drain lobster. Remove meat from shells; reserve shells. Cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
Break shells into large pieces. Place on baking sheet; bake 15 minutes. Blend shells with 1 cup chicken broth in blender until finely chopped. Strain through fine sieve. Reserve lobster broth; discard shells.
Bring 2 1/2 cups chicken broth to simmer; keep hot. Heat 1 tablespoon truffle oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots and shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add rice; stir 2 minutes. Add brandy; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until brandy is absorbed, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
Add lobster broth and 3/4 of chicken broth. Simmer until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy, adding remaining broth by 1/4 cupfuls as needed and stirring often, about 20 minutes. Add lobster and cream; stir until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons truffle oil and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Salmon with Cream Cheese &... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Mixed Berry Scones 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Cape Cod Cranberry Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Valentine's Day Cake Balls 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Easy Peach Cobbler 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Scallopini with Lemon... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Killer Potato Latkes 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Honey & Walnut Baked Brie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)