Caribbean Steak with Grilled Plantains and Coleslaw
In the mood for a Caribbean cuisine? Try this Caribbean Steak With Grilled Plantains and Coleslaw to add some zest to your dinner rotation. Healthy and packed full of vegetables, this protein-packed recipe is a scrumptious dinner any time of the year.
- 1 bag coleslaw vegetable mix
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- pinch granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground allspice, and coriander
- 2 strip loin grilling steaks, (each about 340 g), trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum, optional
- 2 ripe plantains, peeled and thickly sliced
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from canadianliving.com
In large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, green onions, cider vinegar, oil, half each of the salt and pepper, and the granulated sugar; set aside.
In small bowl, stir together thyme, allspice, coriander and remaining salt and pepper; rub all over steaks. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until medium-rare, about 8 minutes.
Transfer to plate; keep warm. Meanwhile, mix together butter, brown sugar and rum (if using); brush all over plantains to coat. Arrange plantains on greased grill; close lid and grill, brushing with any remaining butter mixture and turning once, until golden and tender, about 6 minutes. Serve with steaks and coleslaw.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooked Chicken Cacciatore 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Carbonara Chicken Alfredo Stuffed... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chewy Oatmeal Date Raisin Cookies 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Rosemary-Olive Oil Potato Chips 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Applesauce-Raisin Cookies 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Virgin Navy Grog 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Brown Sugar and Mustard Glazed... 4/5 (30 Votes)