Jalapeño cornbread can be eaten alone or with your favorite protein! Spicy and savory, it is sure to be a crowd hit!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
Whisk buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and chopped pickled jalapeños in a medium bowl; stir into the flour mixture.
Pour into a buttered, cornmeal-dusted 9-inch cast-iron skillet; top with sliced fresh jalapeños.
Bake at 450 degrees F, 20 to 25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Mashed Potatoes using Canned... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Princess Punch 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Homemade Banana Pudding in a Jar 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Garlic... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Jalapeno Baked Bean Cornbread Cups 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins or Bread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Corned Beef 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Danish Filling for... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)