Jalapeño cornbread can be eaten alone or with your favorite protein! Spicy and savory, it is sure to be a crowd hit!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
Whisk buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and chopped pickled jalapeños in a medium bowl; stir into the flour mixture.
Pour into a buttered, cornmeal-dusted 9-inch cast-iron skillet; top with sliced fresh jalapeños.
Bake at 450 degrees F, 20 to 25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (448 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (279 Votes)
- Breakfast Pockets 4.5/5 (241 Votes)