Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
Jalapeno cornbread muffins are spicy with a little bit of sweet and make for a good side dish or appetizer!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from damndelicious.net
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, sugar, eggs and honey. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Add jalapenos and cheese, and gently toss to combine.
Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Place into oven and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Drizzle with a little warm honey just before serving.
You'll also love
- Honey Garlic Drumsticks 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Toasted Coconut Waffles 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- S'mores Popcorn Balls 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Ninja Baked Potato Soup 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Salad 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Avocado & Egg English Muffin 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Cornbread 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Pasta with Bacon and Corn 'Pesto' 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe