Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Garlic Toast Crumb Topping
Add some spice to your deviled eggs with this recipe adding sriracha and topped with garlic toast crumbs.
- 12 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sriracha hot sauce, more or less to taste (we love the Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Minced fresh cilantro
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from afarmgirlsdabbles.com
To hard boil the eggs, place them in a pot and cover with cold water by 1''. Bring to a gentle boil. Then cover, remove the pot from heat, and let sit for 13 minutes. This will give you a nicely set yolk, perfectly yellow. Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl and then add the cooked eggs to stop them from cooking any further. Let them sit in the ice bath for 3 minutes, and then remove to a towel to dry. Peeling the eggs works best when not using super fresh eggs.
Crack and peel each egg and then slice them in half. Place the yolks in a medium mixing bowl along with the mayonnaise and sriracha. Blend well with a fork if you plan to spoon the filling into the egg whites. If planning to use a pastry bag and star tip to fill the egg whites, it works best to use a blender to get the filling as smooth as possible.
In a pan over medium to medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add panko, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Saute until bread crumbs are fragrant and lightly browned. Remove garlic toast crumb topping to plate to cool.
While bread crumbs are cooling, fill egg whites with sriracha filling using either a spoon or a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Top with a sprinkling of garlic toast crumb topping, black pepper, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
These can be prepared many hours before serving, but don't add the garlic toast crumb topping until right before serving, to prevent the topping from getting soggy.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomatillo-Cilantro Sauce -... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Ham & Egg 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Coconut Thumbprint... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Peppered Beef Jerky Recipe 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Rosemary-Garlic Dinner Rolls 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Garlic Pizza Wedges 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Halloween Ghost Cookie Stacks 4.5/5 (12 Votes)