Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins or Bread
I’ve seen several varieties of different recipes and modified them all. So far this one has been the easiest and the most popular with the kids.
- For variety these are some optional ingredients that can be added:
- 1 boxed cake mix (white or yellow)
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin (not pie filling)
- Nuts, raisins, or cranberries
- Pumpkin spice, cloves, and nutmeg
- Chocolate Chips
- Sour Cream
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from closertolucy.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Completely mix pumpkin and dry cake mix.
Spoon batter into cupcake tins, filling them about 3/4 full.
The batter is pretty dense and does not settle so if you care about how the final product looks, you may want to smooth the tops of each muffin before baking. I just use a spoon.
Bake for 25 minutes.
For variety, these are some optional ingredients that can be added – nuts, raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips
I also like to mix in about a half of a cup to a whole cup (I don’t measure so this is a guess) of sour cream for a heavier finish. It also makes them especially moist.
For more flavor, I usually sprinkle in pumpkin spice, clover, and nutmeg with a dash of my homemade vanilla.
Can also be used to make small bread loaves, but you’ll have to check for doneness because depending upon the size of pan they while need to bake longer.
You'll also love
- Fideo Soup (Mexican Noodle Soup) 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Taco Pasta 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Autumn Cinnamon Apple Biscuits 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Irish Potato Candy 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Zucchini Tarts 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Corned Beef 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Grill-Roasted Turkey 4.5/5 (12 Votes)