Fresh thyme is a light, unexpected herbal addition to this pumpkin soup recipe. Rich with heavy cream, enjoy it with the family or for a special occasion.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 whole black peppercorns
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 95mins
Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
Purée the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
Return to pan, and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in heavy cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
You'll also love
- Buttermilk Corn Bread Loaf 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Paleo Chicken Tenders 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pork Chili 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Portuguese Bean Soup 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Quinoa & Vegetable Stew 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Thai Pumpkin Soup 4.6/5 (10 Votes)