Curry Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados
A perfect light dinner—shrimp stuffed avocados! The teaspoon of curry powder add great depth of flavor to the shrimp salad. Try it with papayas, instead of avocados!
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mild, medium or hot curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or mint, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 pound salad shrimp, cooked
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from thriftyfoods.com
Mix mayonnaise, curry powder, cilantro and salt in a medium bowl to combine.
Mix in the shrimp, celery, bell pepper and green onion.
Cut each avocado in half lengthwise; remove the pits. Trim a little from the bottom of each avocado so that they sit straight.
Set a half avocado on each of 4 plates; brush with the lime juice.
Divide and mound the shrimp mixture on top of the avocados and serve.
Looking for something different? Divide and stuff the shrimp salad into four ripe papaya halves, seeds removed. Or, make shrimp and crab stuffed avocados by replacing half the shrimp with fresh crabmeat.
You'll also love
- Magic Cookie Bars (Hello Dollies) 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Baked Cheesy Zucchini Bites 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Easy Grilled Pork Chops 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Crisp Crab Cakes 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Crab & Asparagus-Stuffed Tilapia 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Gingerbread Waffles with a... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Avocado Lime Salmon 4.7/5 (3 Votes)