Taco Bell Chalupa
Make Taco Bell's delicious chalupas at home with this easy copycat recipe. Serve with your hottest salsa.
- CHALUPA INDIAN FRY BREAD:
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup milk
- oil (for deep frying)
- TACO BELL SUPREME FILLING:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 ⁄2 cup water
- oil, for deep-frying
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- diced tomato
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
To make Indian Fry Bread Mix dry ingredients together.
Cut in shortening; then add milk.
Shape dough into a long cylinder; cut into 8 equal parts.
Flour hands, then work the pieces into 6" tortillas.
Fry in oil until golden brown.
To Make filling Mix dried onion with water in a small bowl and let stand for five minutes.
Combine ground beef, flour, chili powder, paprika, and salt.
Add onions and water.
In a skillet, cook beef mixture until browned.
Stir often while cooking so no large chunks form; it should be more like a paste.
Remove from heat and keep warm.
Build Chalupas starting with meat, then sour cream, lettuce cheese, and tomatoes in that order.
Top with hot sauce or salsa if desired.
You'll also love
- Curry Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Bistek (Filipino Beef Steak) 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Copycat Papa Murphy's Pizza Dough 3.9/5 (167 Votes)
- Chicken Sausage, Mushroom and... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Bacon, Mac and Cheese Sandwich 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Copycat Cafe Rio Shredded Beef... 4.2/5 (47 Votes)
- Bush’s Best Three Bean Chili 4.1/5 (48 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Ranchero Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)